With BBQ season right around the corner, we’ve got something sweet for you. This Sweet N Savory BBQ sauce has our All Sass grape nectar in it give your grilled meats and veggies a flavor people will talk about.
Tasting attributes: Adds a bright, light citrus element to your sauce
While we are fans of the classic Stubb’s sauce, nothing beats a homemade BBQ sauce. This variation is a little sweet and smokey, with our Riesling sweetener and some savory browned shallots. The smokey versus sweet elements of this sauce really add the right amount of flavor to your grilled items, without overpowering the natural flavor of the meat or veggie. No spice in this one, but lots of character.
The average BBQ, including the homemade version, contains over 10 grams of sugar per serving (2 Tbsp serving size). Why so much sugar with your meat?! By making your own “secret sauce”, you can cut this amount nearly in half. Our recipe uses no added white sugar, while many recipes call for up to A HALF CUP OF SUGAR in a single cup of sauce. We use only 1.5 tablespoons in the entire recipe. Added complexity and reduced overall sugar content make our All-Sass Grape Nectar the sweetener du jour at your next BBQ.
Definitely not your average sauce! #SecretSauce
Ingredients (makes about 1 cup; about 8 servings)
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- couple dashes cayenne and white pepper
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2/3 c ketchup
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp All Sass Grape Nectar
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to brown (8-10 minutes). Add cayenne and white pepper and stir for another minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and whisk in mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire, vinegar, grape nectar, and black pepper to taste. Continue cooking and stirring occasionally, until thickened (5-10 minutes).
- Remove from heat & enjoy! It can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container up to one week.
Nutrition Facts Serving Size: 2 Tbsp (about 8 servings per batch); Total Calories 41, Fat 0.6g, Carbs 7g, Fiber 0g, Sugars 6.5g, Protein 0.1g
Bonus: Low sodium as well!
Get your Grape Nectar now!