This non-alcoholic Sangria interpretation will not only impress your Sangria slurping friends, but also your Agua Fresca loving pals as well! By mixing the classic Jamaica ingredient, dried hibiscus flowers, with the fruit infusion fun of Sangria you create a beautiful chorus of flavors, that normal sugar just wouldn’t do justice. By adding Bored-O Rouge you not only make this classic healthier but more complex at the same time.
BLEND USED: Bored-O Rouge California Grape Nectar
Tasting attributes: The fruity, jammy notes of the grape nectar hint at the expected aromatics of a sangria and give a fuller mouthfeel
Ingredients for 6 friends
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 1 sliced lemon
- 1 sliced orange
- 1 sliced lime
- 1 handful muddled raspberries
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup Bored-O Rouge (or to taste)
- Bring 4 cups of purified or filtered water to a boil.
- Add all of the above ingredients except the Bored-O Rouge to a pot or glass vessel filled with the water
- Let steep for 7-8 minutes and then strain off liquid into another container.
- Add Bored-O Rouge to taste.
- If you are feeling “dangerous,” add 1-2 oz Spanish brandy per serving! Otherwise, enjoy!