The Manhattan has been around for a long time, and up until recently was strictly made up of whisky, vermouth and bitters. With a new generation of spirit and modifying products available in the market, you can now achieve the same flavor profile - oak/caramel/spice, fruit, bitter and herbal notes - through brand new avenues. A classic American rye or high-rye bourbon is our choice for added spice, but instead of vermouth take a dry and high proof style of amaro (such as Fernet Branca) to add the herbal and bitter elements, and the finish the formula with Bored-O Rouge for fruit. Manhattan 2.0 is here.
Tasting Attributes: Bored-O Rouge grape nectar is made of California grapes Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Malbec. These grapes will make the grape-derived fruit aromas of your Manhattan bolder, much like yourself!
With a new generation of spirits and modifying products available in the market, you can now achieve the same flavor profile - oak, caramel, spice, fruit, bitter and herbal notes - through brand new avenues. A classic American rye or high-rye bourbon is our choice for added spice, but instead of vermouth take your favorite amaro (such as established brands like Fernet Branca or Averna, or your favorite locally produced amaro) to add the herbal and bitter elements. Finish the cocktail with Bored-O Rouge grape nectar to add fruit characteristics typically derived from the sweet vermouth, as both of these ingredients are derived from wine grape sugar in different forms.
Vermouth is an aromatized wine, and as such does not hold well over time. In fact, it is recommended to keep your vermouth in the fridge. Additionally, like wine, vermouth does not hold well past a week or so, even if you do have it in the fridge. We believe that anyone, whether at home or in a bar, should be able to make a Manhattan anytime they please! The Domaine Santé Manhattan has ingredients that will hold in your home or bar as long as you need, and will impress your friends with an innovative twist.
Manhattan 2.0 is here. Improved convenience. Enhanced flavor. #DrinkBetter
MANHATTAN ROUGE RECIPE
- 2.5 oz Rye or Bourbon of your choice
- 0.25 oz Amaro (such as Fernet Branca, Averna, Braulio, or domestic version)
- 0.25 oz Domaine Santé Bored-O Rouge California Grape Nectar
- By holding off on bitters and vermouth, you are removing bitter and sweet components, as well as herbal aromatics. By adding Bored-O Rouge California grape nectar and a dry-style Amaro, you are in essence creating the exact same elements of bitters, herbal, and sweet but with a more exotic bouquet than what is typically expected from a traditional Manhattan cocktail recipe. You will need some basic bar tools to look like a cocktail pro, or improvise behind the scenes with alternative kitchenware.
- Pour whisky, amaro, and Domaine Santé grape nectar into a mixing glass.
- Add a generous amount of ice, preferably of high quality or derived from distilled water.
- Stir in mixing glass with bar spoon for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Strain into martini glass or if preferred over a large high-quality cube of ice or two in a rocks glass.
- Garnish with cherry on a cocktail pick or orange peel.
Get your Grape Nectar now!