Detoxify your body with a rejuvenating breakfast to kick start your day. Stray away from the typical combo of frozen berries and acai by welcoming a new, never-seen before blend of tart grapefruit and sweet California Grape Nectar. This revitalizing smoothie bowl that is packed full of nutrients, fiber, and natural sugars. Feel satisfied, but not too full, and ready to attack the day with long lasting energy from the fusion of All-Sass, coconut water, frozen fruit, and spinach!
BLEND USED: All-Sass California Grape Nectar
Tasting attributes: Citrus hints of All-Sass Grape Nectar infused with grapefruit #WAKEUP your tastebuds and welcome spinach in the AM
Stand up to the traditional acai bowl and enjoy the simplicity of this nutrient dense combination of natural sugars, fiber, and vitamins. Not only is this meal a light and filling breakfast, but it all comes together in just one blender, one bowl, and 5 minutes.
Many smoothies and acai bowls are loaded with hidden preservatives and sweeteners that disrupt our digestion and make us bloated. Commercial pre-packaged formulas combine berry puree or powder with tons of added sugars to preserve the sweet taste and ensure they last for many months. Instead, replace these unnecessary artificial sugars with the naturally occurring sugars in California Grape Nectar sugar alternative!
All-Sass is the ultimate choice for some sweetness in your smoothie because it is such a complement to everything fruity! To balance out fruit sugar with veggies, opt for spinach. Your palate won't even recognize the handful of greens due to the strong aromas and sweetness of All-Sass Grape Nectar! Why would you put spinach in your breakfast? Because Grape Nectar's inherently pleasant taste creates a pure and refreshing dance in your mouth. No other sugar makes spinach such a sweet breakfast!
Side note: this bowl is easily 100% vegan! Scratch the honey and forget the bee pollen, Grape Nectar highlights the fruits of our earth, including the delicious sugars from wine grapes, without harming any animals in the process.
This Grapefruit Smoothie Bowl pairs healthy, naturally occuring sugars with fiber from fruit and leafy greens so your body effortlessly metabolizes and transforms sugars into energy, preparing you for a successful day! All-Sass grape sweetener offsets the bitter presence from spinach and the sourness of grapefruit, creating a soft and pleasant taste. One teaspoon of Grape Nectar is all you need, keeping your breakfast low cal and simply wonderful.
Best enjoyed as a refreshing, light breakfast on a hot day, our Grapefruit Smoothie Bowl is sure to help you #WAKEUP
(makes 1 serving)
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ frozen grapefruit
- Handful of fresh spinach
- 1/4 - 1/3 cup coconut water (it is best to start with only a little liquid and add more as needed)
- 1 tsp All-Sass Grape Nectar
- Peel, cut into chunks, and freeze grapefruit and banana in a plastic bag at least overnight or 8 hours before making the full recipe. Make sure to REMOVE ALL SEEDS from the grapefruit prior to freezing.
- Start by adding coconut water to the blender. Only use a little bit and add more to reach desired consistency as your blend in the spinach, frozen fruit, and grape nectar. *To reach the smoothest consistency, items should be added in the following order: coconut water, spinach, frozen fruit, All-Sass
- Use the “chop” feature on the blender to combine ingredients until a thick, ice-cream-like consistency. You may need to stir and/or add more coconut water while blending to achieve the right consistency.
- Pour into a bowl and top with sliced fruit, granola, seeds, and bee pollen if desired.
Nutrition Facts: (per 1 serving) Total Calories 195, Fat 0.6g, Carbs 48.4g, Fiber 3.6g, Sugars 23g (all natural occurring, not refined sugar), Protein 2.8g
Bonus: Add some seeds or nuts to amp up the protein and keep you full all morning!