Granola recipes can range from ultra simple to way more complicated than some may like. We think granola should be tasty, simple, and a little bit sweet. We have crafted the perfect granola recipe for you all. This mix has just enough oats, raisins, cinnamon, of course, All-Sass grape nectar, and a few more ingredients to make it extra special without going overboard. Grab your All-Sass and get ready for anything but an average granola recipe.
BLEND USED: All-Sass California Grape Nectar
Tasting attributes: The bright citrus elements of the Grape Nectar adds a citric twist while pairing perfectly with the bold cinnamon.
Granola is one of those things that people forget how easy it is to home make. Many settle for packaged processed granola from the store and some venture to the more freshly packaged granola in a health food store. Either way you go you are running the risk of not truly know what is in it. Say you found a great granola that is perfectly transparent with their nutrition label with no complicated chemically sounding words, you still might not be getting the most nutritious option out there. This reason is a great reason to try our granola recipe, especially because we offer it with the best sugar alternative out there: grape nectar.
This granola starts off with the classic granola base: oatmeal. After the old fashioned oats we added raisins, walnuts, and sliced almonds sticking with a fairly classic recipe. We then added flax seed and vanilla protein powder for an extra health boost. Coconut oil, vanilla extract, and cinnamon are in there for added flavors and to bind everything together. All-Sass grape nectar is the sugar alternative we used to take this granola from pretty great to fantastic. By using grape nectar as a sugar substitute for maple syrup or honey, you are saving yourself carbs while adding more nutrition and its just as sweet!
When you replace, for example, honey with grape nectar, you are cutting the sugar content in half while consuming a sugar alternative that won't send your blood sugar through the roof. Besides, when you are enjoying a crunchy sweet granola you shouldn't have to worry about sugar intake at all! Grape nectar not only adds a guilt free sweetness, but by using All-Sass instead of Bored-O Blanc or Bored-O Rouge you get a wonderful citrusy and floral undertone. This twist makes this granola pair even better with a non-fat greek yogurt, fresh fruit, or even to just snack on alone.
This granola is one of our favorite breakfast staples which is why we put it in the #WakeUp section of The Sweeter Side. The other great part about granola is one batch can last you weeks! We are all about saving time while still eating well and a grape nectar sweetened granola such as this one is a great example.
- 6 cups old fashioned oats (not instant)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 cup flax seed
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup All-Sass California Grape Nectar
- raisins/dried fruits to your preference
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In large bowl mix dry oats, nuts, flax, protein powder, cinnamon.
- In a small pot, heat coconut oil and Grape Nectar until liquid. Add vanilla; stir to combine.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Initially it will seem like there's not enough liquid to cover the batch, but it will be enough!
- Spread granola on large cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes then mix and turn granola and bake for another 5-10 minutes (until golden brown). Cook longer if you like a crispy granola, but watch closely because it will burn quickly!
- Cool pan on a wire rack, then add in raisins or other dried fruit.
- Store in glass jars for up to one week.
Get your Grape Nectar now!