How often do you see a lunchbox without a rice krispie? Pretty much never. These sweet treats are loved by all, but aren't necessarily the healthiest dessert out there. This new and improved Strawberry Krispies are filled with nutritious ingredients. Grape Nectar’s natural sweetness makes for the best rice krispies while avoiding any use of marshmallows. Instead, this dessert is high in protein from the addition of almond butter! Healthy is hidden in these Strawberry Krispies, making for the perfect lunch box dessert!
BLEND USED: Bored-O Blanc California Grape Nectar
Tasting attributes: Marshmallows, leave us! Bored-O Blanc adds all the sticky and sweet satisfaction we need for a wonderfully krispie treat!
Light, crunchy, and fresh - you cant beat this all-time childhood favorite! Rice krispies are everywhere and we aren't complaining! Even so, scratch the commercially made, chemical madness and make these rice krispies homemade with this simple and delightful recipe. Strawberry Krispies will be your children's new go-to snack and favorite lunch box dessert, but watch out because fellow parents will come running for the recipe.
Healthy and nutritious, this dessert is sweetened with Bored-O Blanc Grape Nectar. Packed full of healthy fats, fiberful grains, and nutty protein, it could be your lunch, but we like it best as dessert. Add fresh berries for some colorful aesthetic while sneaking in another helping of fruit nutrients. Instead of marshmallows, almond butter and Grape Nectar create a sticky and delicious compound that holds rice puffs together with just the right amount of adhesive.
Using brown rice puffs instead of white rice puffs is easy with Grape Nectar. These extra nutrients go unnoticed due to Bored-O Blanc’s incredibly sweet and strong flavor. Your kids are bound to love this healthy dessert. It is not only easy to transport and pack, but so healthy which means… more dessert! “Mom, can I have two instead of one?” "No problem!"
Step up your krispness with these Strawberry Krispies that are grapely sweet and berry good! Packed full of #SweetStuff
STRAWBERRY KRISPIES RECIPE
- ¾ cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup Bored-O Blanc Grape Nectar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt (if desired)
- 2 - 2 ½ cups of puffed rice cereal
- ½ pint strawberries finely diced
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside
- Add almond butter, Grape Nectar, and vanilla to a medium pot over medium-low heat and mix until smooth and well combined. About a minute
- Remove from heat and add in salt and puffed rice cereal. Stir until well combined
- Gently mix in chopped strawberries and pour into prepared pan
- Firmly press down to compact all ingredients for so the rice sticks well together. This step is vital!
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy! Keep in the fridge for up to a week, but they may not last that long :)
Get your Grape Nectar today!