We cannot get enough of our pumpkin spice recipes. This recipe in particular has been a smashing success everywhere it has been tasted. No matter where we make it everyone comes back wanting more and more importantly wanting the recipe. So look no further, wonder no longer, here it is, the Pumpkin Up the Sass recipe!
BLEND USED: All-Sass California Grape Nectar
Tasting attributes: All-Sass Grape Nectar adds a bright and floral sweetness to the strong pumpkin, clove, and nutmeg notes.
You all know how much we love our sodas and making new creations for you all. A soda with Smij, our neighbors at the Little Italy Mercato, was long over due. When we thought up this pumpkin delight, we knew it would be a hit. After a little bit of this and a little bit of that, we found the perfect combination of spice, grape nectar, fresh lemon and soda.
Smij Spicery home-makes some of the most flavorful and creative spice blends. When we tried their "Pumpkin Up the Volume" combo, we could not stop thinking about how great it would pair with grape nectar. All-Sass was an obvious choice because of the floral notes. This flavor profile really shines through in this soda, especially when paired with the cinnamon, clove, ginger, and nutmeg. The sparkling soda water adds the perfect finishing touch to this bright and spicy soda. This soda is delicious year round, but we can't help that it screams fall with the pumpkin spice flavor.
Everyone who has tried this soda and has loved it has been shocked when we tell them how easy it is to make. Once you cook the spices with the grape nectar, the rest is a piece of cake. This soda was originally made virgin, but in this recipe we have the option to add some white rum for a playful pumpkin cocktail. Using grape nectar in this soda provides incredible flavor that you'll want to make over and over again. This is yet another recipe to help you #DrinkBetter.
PUMPKIN UP THE SASS SODA
TO MAKE SYRUP:
- 1 bottle All-Sass Grape Nectar (6.3 oz/ 187 mL)
- 0.5 tsp pumpkin spice (heaping half teaspoon)
- In a small pan over medium low heat, add grape nectar and spice mix; stir to combine
- Heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not let mixture boil!
- Remove from heat and let cool completely. Can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one year.
TO MAKE 1 SODA:
- 1.25 oz pumpkin spice-infused All-Sass Grape Nectar
- 0.25 oz fresh lemon
- 4-6 oz soda water
- 1.25 oz white rum (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a tall glass over ice; stir to combine for an instant fall delight!
Get your grape nectar today!