Who doesn't like the gesture of chocolates on the sweetest holiday of the year? But instead, replace average, store-bought chocolate dipped strawberries with our elevated recipe! Cut out refined sugar and possible dairy too with our most decadent blend of Grape Nectar in an easy to whip up recipe. Three simple ingredients and about 10 minutes to take your Valentine's day treat from ordinary to extraordinary.
BORED-O ROUGE California Grape Nectar
Tasting attributes: Bored-O Rouge Cabernet, Merlot, and Malbec grapes create a juicy element to the chocolate that make the strawberries even more irresistible
Nothing says Valentine's Day like chocolate and flowers, but wine not take it to the next level with an elevated, handmade version you can't buy in the stores? We have the simplest solution to add a little extra love to classic chocolate dipped strawberries. Try out our Bored-O Rouge Grape Nectar to add a unique, sinful flavor that literally melts in your mouth, without all of the added calories - of course.
Starting with a high quality ingredients is always a must when developing our recipes, and this recipe was no exception. When only three simple ingredients are needed, choosing locally, ethically, and sustainably are very important decisions here at Domaine Santé. Our dark chocolate option was comprised of 60% cacao. The strong cacao flavor was needed to stand up to the intense nature of our wine grape sweetener. Milk chocolate or a more sweetened dark chocolate would not be appropriate for the most preferred results in this recipe.
Our first impressions of adding our Cabernet blend of our sugar alternative to the dark chocolate were that of shock. Who needs strawberries when you can just drink the entire bowl of Grape Nectar-dark chocolate mix! The addition of our wine grape sugar truly takes melted chocolate from ordinary to extraordinary. And while our local strawberries taste much better than they look this time of year, we recommend dipping anything in this concoction to give it the ultimate chocolately, jammy goodness.
The ultimate sweets for your sweetheart during this season of love. We hope you get a chance to try our #SweetStuff next week or anytime through strawberry season!
BORED-O DIPPED STRAWBERRIES RECIPE
- 1/2 c dark chocolate chips (at least 60% cacao)
- 2 tsp Bored-O Rouge California Grape Nectar
- 1 lb local strawberries
- In a double broiler (or glass bowl secured in a pot of boiling water), add chocolate and heat until melted.
- Add Grape Nectar and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Remove chocolate from heat and dip strawberries into chocolate mixture, at least halfway.
- Place dipped strawberries onto a wax paper lined baking sheet. Once all strawberries are dipped, place them in the freezer for 20 minutes until chocolate has hardened.
- Share with your special sweetheart, galentine, or keep them for yourself!
- We recommend storing in the fridge until ready to eat, and letting siting at room temperature for 20 minutes or so prior to indulging!