Not of fan of eating leafy greens, but trying to get in your salad fix? We got your back with the superb Brussels and Butternut Salad. A substantial mix that will keep you full until dinner, this dish is easy to make and incredibly tasty due to All-Sass Grape Nectar. Switch up your #GREENERSIDE with this scrumptious vegetable medley.
BLEND USED: All-Sass California Grape Nectar
Tasting attributes: All-Sass gives this salad mouthwatering pizzazz that makes brussel sprouts and butternut squash finger-licking good
Call this an entree salad if we ever saw one! Butternut squash and brussel sprouts are so full of fiber and healthy nutrients that this is the perfect dish for a to-go lunch, solo meal, or side dish with your favorite protein. Earthy tastes of brussel sprouts and squash burst with fresh pecans and golden raisins. The highlight of this dish: All-Sass California Grape Nectar.
Why All-Sass you might ask? Well golden raisins are dried under controlled temperatures and infused with antioxidant sulfur dioxide. So naturally, the high antioxidant content of these raisins pair beautifully with significant antioxidants found in grape sugar. Specifically All-Sass Grape Nectar complements golden raisins because of its citrusy tang from riesling wine grapes. Adding some personality to this veggie variety, Grape Nectar brings out naturally occuring sugars in brussel sprouts, butternut squash, and golden raisins. Mellowed by nutty pecans, this combo is unstoppable!
Have extra veggies on hand? Throw them in, the more veggies the merrier! And if you want to bulk up this salad, mix with some rice and/or add in some protein. Tofu and chicken forgo their blan flavors with All-Sass’s floral aromatics and sweet nutrients. Just be sure to add a few more raisins and a teaspoon more of Grape Nectar to moisten protein pick.
You already know what brussel sprouts and butternut squash taste like so now it’s time to turn them into something delicious. Get on your #GREENERSIDE with this Brussels and Butternut Salad!
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, sliced in half
- 1 lb butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp + 1-2 tbsp All-Sass Grape Nectar
- 1 cup whole pecans
- ½ cup golden raisins
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with non stick spray
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and olive oil. Toss with All-Sass and a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- Spread evenly on the baking sheet and roast in the oven for 25 minutes or until the edges are brown and the veggies are tender
- Put roasted brussels and butternut squash back into the mixing bowl. Add pecans, raisins, and 1-2 tbls All-Sass and toss well to combine.
*Best served immediately slightly warm or at room temperature. Can also be refrigerated for up to three days.
Get your Grape Nectar now!