Whether you’re a tofu-lover or absolutely distaste it, our Blanc and Beans Stir Fry is sure to please your palate. By adding big flavors to the mild taste and soft texture of tofu, you can transform the plain attributes of this mild protein. Simply sauté carrots and green beans, but feel free to add any other vegetables or grain to the pan. The flavors of the sauce mixture are infused into the tofu to create a pleasant punch on your taste buds. And it all comes together in just 15 minutes!
BLEND USED: Bored-O Blanc California Grape Nectar
Tasting attributes: Savor your tofu with the mild sweetness of Grape Nectar that complements bold flavors from soy sauce, garlic, and ginger
If stir fry is your Wednesday night go-to, this recipe guarantees to add a little flavor to your standard routine (literally). Our Bored-O Blanc Grape Nectar adds rich and sweet flavors that bring together the common ingredients of this stir fry. And for those skeptical of switching out their animal protein component, we highly recommend giving the tofu a try.
For our plant-based friends, tofu delivers a substantial source of protein. Made from soybeans, tofu tends to be highly processed and can include preservatives that reduce how natural and plant-based it actually is. Therefore, it is important to choose organic when buying at the store. Organic tofu is also sourced from organic soybeans which are grown and harvested sustainably, just like our Grape Nectar! Because so much food in American is created from soy, soybeans are mass produced on farms which look to produce as much soy that can be used in as many ways as possible. Organic soybean farms take more care of their crops while ensuring each bean is free of imperfections and completely natural, resulting in tofu which consumers can be sure to know includes 100% naturally occurring ingredients and no preservatives.
Using sustainable ingredients is one thing we are passionate about at Domaine Santé. Our Blanc and Beans Stir Fry receives is world-winning taste not only from the subtle combination of powerful flavors, but also from the care each ingredient receives when traveling from farm to table. A satisfying meal on a chilly evening, this dish is also superb refrigerated and enjoyed as lunch on-the-go the next day. Try letting the stir-fry sit overnight to allow the flavors of the sauce to seep even more so into the tofu and veggies. A light yet fulfilling dish, substitute or add any veggies of your preference. And if you’re feeling a bit adventurous or perhaps a bit hungrier, white rice (or any other grain) greatly absorbs the pungent taste of the sauce to further enhance to the meal.
Not only delicious, this dish is low-carb and completely vegan. By sourcing organic ingredients, we make it easy to throw together a satisfying and healthy meal. Try out this dish with our sugar substitute, to cut sugar, add complex flavor, and fight hunger for your midweek #DinnerParty!
BLANC AND BEANS STIR FRY RECIPE
(Makes 2 Servings)
- Sesame oil
- ½ pound organic green beans
- 1 ½ cup organic baby carrots, cut into fourths long ways
- 14 oz firm organic tofu, cut into 1 inch squares
- 2 Tbsp Bored-O Blanc
- 6 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- Cut baby carrots in fourths lengthwise and lightly oil a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add carrots to the pan.
- Chop off stems of green beans before adding the beans to the pan. Add more oil in necessary.
- Remove tofu from package and pat dry with towel. Make sure to press hard to remove most all the liquid from the tofu. Cut the tofu into 1-inch square chunks.
- After veggies sauté for about 5 minutes, add tofu to pan.
- While sautéing, mix together grape nectar, soy sauce, garlic, and grated ginger.
- Once tofu is lightly brown on all sides, about 5-7 minutes in the pan, pour in the sauce mixture. Once tofu and veggies absorb all the liquid, the stir fry is complete and ready to be enjoyed.
Nutrition Facts: Total Calories 256, Fat 8.4g, Carbs 25.3g, Fiber 7.8g, Sugars 17.3g (all natural occurring, not refined sugar), Protein 18.7g
Bonus: contains 126% DV of Vitamin A and 45% of Calcium!