Still stuck in a sugar haze from the holidays? We have the solution to wean you off of the refined stuff and get you back on track. Our sugar alternative adds just the right amount of sweetness without sending your blood sugar off the charts, which is exactly what you need to get back to a healthier diet. Try out our Bored-O Banana Nice Cream with either of our suggested blends for a creamy, cold sweet treat without all the unnecessary ingredients.
Tasting attributes: Our "original blend" of Grape Nectar adds a perfect amount of sweetness to the already slightly sweet bananas without tasting sugary
Blend used: BORED-O ROUGE California Grape Nectar
Tasting attributes: Our most flavorful blend of Grape Nectar adds a sweet, jammy element, making the "nice cream" reminiscent of blackberry ice cream
We have a feeling you want your cake and you want to eat it too, so we have the [healthier] solution for you in the New Year! By using a sweeter, riper fruit and just a touch of our sugar substitute, you magically have a fruit-derived dessert, minus the refined sugar AND dairy. Bored-O Banana Nice Cream is quite a win!
We chose to add both of our Bordeaux-inspired flavors to the banana base to create two very different flavors of "nice cream". The first, using our Sauvignon Blanc blend of wine grape sugar, Bored-O Blanc creates an interestingly familiar flavor. Just a bit of tanginess from our Grape Nectar and the creamy deliciousness of the banana do the trick to satisfy anyone's ice cream craving. Yet, this variation has virtually no fat, saturated or otherwise, and will actually benefit your health with healthy fiber and antioxidants, instead of promote inflammation from dairy.
The second flavor of “nice cream” uses our ever popular Cabernet Sauvignon based sugar substitute. The bold flavor of this blend definitely adds more character than the first option for this recipe, but in all the right ways. The best way to get a berry, jammy fix when berries are far out of season. Bananas + Bored-O Rouge is always a winning combination, with which we frequently top our oatmeal, parfaits, and acai bowls as well. So why not mix it up and make it into a frozen treat too? We say wine not!
Feel free to mix in some delicious Add-ins to make this "nice cream" your own. We love starting with our Bored-O Blanc variation as a more neutral base and stirring in a nice spoonful of creamy peanut butter and a sprinkle of dark chocolate chips. Using coconut milk with our Bored-O Rouge variety is quite delicious with a bit of coconut chips or sliced almonds on top to give some added texture. You really can't go wrong with any combination!
You're going to love this deliciously #SweetStuff!
BORED-O BANANA NICE CREAM RECIPE
Ingredients (makes about 2-3 serving of each flavor; total 4-6 servings)
- 4 overripe bananas
- 1 2/3 c non-dairy milk (we like almond, you can do a lesser amount if you prefer)
- pinch sea salt
- 1-2 Tbsp Bored-O Blanc California Grape Nectar
- 1-2 Tbsp Bored-O Rouge California Grape Nectar
- Add-ins (optional): cacao nibs, coconut chips, dark chocolate chips, peanut butter, sliced almonds
- Peel and chop bananas into 1 inch (approx) pieces. Freeze at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Place frozen bananas in food processor with milk and salt. Process until smooth. Divide in two containers and refreeze until firm, about 30-45 minutes.
- Add one portion of "nice cream" to food processor with Bored-O Blanc. Blend until smooth and creamy like soft serve. Scoop into a bowl and top as desired (we like mini dark chocolate chips and a scoop of peanut butter!)
- Add second portion of "nice cream" to food processor with Bored-O Rouge. Blend until smooth and creamy like soft serve. Scoop into a bowl and top as desired (we like coconut chips and sliced almonds + an extra drizzle of Rouge!).
- Santé to delicious, healthy treats!
Get your Bored-O Blanc now!